Sunday, March 18, 2012
Ever since the dashboard in the Wagoneer was damaged when the very kind idiots stole my radio out of it, I have been trying to figure out what to do with it. It was already in poor condition, with lots of sun damage.
In other words, it was very brittle.
It was already starting to warp on the driver's side and the center speaker grill crumbled when I lightly touched it a while back. So I ripped it out. Very easy. I started pulling up where it was already lifting on the driver's side and it came out very easily, although it did break into three pieces in the process. Afterwards, I took the dremel tool and grinder out and removed the metal brackets that were previously holding down the dash pad. So now I have a bare dash! I think it looks pretty good this way, even with the bolt holes. Besides, now it's more like the dashes in the old Chevrolet trucks I grew up loving.