Friday, March 7, 2008

Georgia Wildflowers

…or weeds. Depending on your point of view – or rather level of ‘enlightenment.’


I have no idea what kind of wildflowers these are (above), but I can tell you that I love them. They are a very tiny flower – reminding me of Aldo Leopold’s description of Draba. However, I do not believe that these are Draba. If you know what these flowers are – let me know! One thing I do know is that they are a sure sign of Spring – or at least warmer weather. I have grown up knowing about these flowers – from my Grandmother’s yard and the shoulders of roadways.

Pictured below is another kind of wildflower that I am not so familiar with, but, like the flowers above, it is still very beautiful in its tiny, and easily overlooked, way.

No comments:

I Rarely Shoot For Profit, So If You Enjoy My Photography, Please Share A Donation

Equipment Used:

  • Canon EOS 40D (2012 - Current)
  • Canon 18 - 55mm EF-S Lens
  • Canon 100mm USM f/2.8 Lens
  • Canon 50mm EF Lens
  • JVC 20GB HardDiskDrive Camcorder
  • Canon EOS 20D (2007 - 2012)