Thursday, July 14, 2011

Babies!

Baby crickets that is.

I buy crickets every other week for my Leopard Gecko from a local bait shop, so I decided to keep them in an aquarium to maybe prolong their life. Then I noticed the adults laying eggs...  So, after a bit of research, I decided to try my hand at raising crickets.

Well, it's been about a week since the adult crickets have died or been eaten. And now I have babies! A LOT of babies. I am really excited the eggs actually hatched and they're all there crawling around. I also can't believe how many there are. Hopefully I can keep them alive until they grown large enough to become a food source...



Be sure to open the picture full size for all the detail!    

No comments:

I Rarely Shoot For Profit, So If You Enjoy My Photography, Please Share A Donation

Equipment Used:

  • Canon EOS 40D (2012 - Current)
  • Canon 18 - 55mm EF-S Lens
  • Canon 100mm USM f/2.8 Lens
  • Canon 50mm EF Lens
  • JVC 20GB HardDiskDrive Camcorder
  • Canon EOS 20D (2007 - 2012)