Monday, July 18, 2011

Joya De Nicaragua Review

First of all, let me start off by writing that I am not a professional reviewer. I cannot identify all the "nutty" flavors the professional cigar reviewers can. However, I do know what cigars I like and what I don't, and that is as much as I can tell you.



Tonight I tried a Joya De Nicaragua which has been resting in my humidor for a couple of weeks now. All I can say is - Wow!

The first puff upon lighting this cigar blew me away. It was full of flavor, but very smooth at the same time. Not at all over powering. I was in no way expecting so much flavor from this stick!





 This cigar produced a alot of delicious thick smoke!




Half way through the cigar came another unexpected surprise - strong hints of cedar. The cedar flavor didn't last terribly long, but it was certainly there and very pleasant.

Continuing on, the cigar took on more of a stronger straight tobacco flavor, but was still in no way overpowering and still very tasty! I did have some uneven burn issues - and a couple of times it went out - but I believe this was all caused by my own distractions from the cigar.



I finally had to put the cigar down when the flavor did start to change for the worse and the smoke got warm. However, right up till the end this cigar didn't really have any "bad" spots. I greatly enjoyed it and really look forward to my next smoke with this brand.

I highly recommend this one!

No comments:

I Rarely Shoot For Profit, So If You Enjoy My Photography, Please Share A Donation

Equipment Used:

  • Canon EOS 40D (2012 - Current)
  • Canon 18 - 55mm EF-S Lens
  • Canon 100mm USM f/2.8 Lens
  • Canon 50mm EF Lens
  • JVC 20GB HardDiskDrive Camcorder
  • Canon EOS 20D (2007 - 2012)