Saturday, July 9, 2011

Treasures...


What better way to spend a Saturday than treasure hunting? That's exactly what we did today, hitting up thrift stores and yard sales from Columbus, Georgia to Opelika, Alabama. We also made a very thrifty stop at Dick's Sporting Goods in Opelika's Tiger Town!








Waders and wading boots! I can't tell you how long I have wanted these items. However, steep prices formerly shied me away. Well today I found that these were on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods from a little under 30 dollars combined! A fantastic deal, I think. Now, other than trying them on I, obviously, haven't been able to field test them yet, but I plan to tomorrow, and I will hopefully let you know how it goes!




I found this beauty at Angel's Thrift Shop in Phenix City, with a nice price of 20 dollars. I can't wait to get out and start learning the bait casting reel. I understand it's not the easiest way to master, but I'm sure it will be very rewarding when I do. I'm also sure there will be plenty of nasty knots that result in bad words and wanting to send it floating down the river...










I also found these lures on sale today! All were purchased for under two dollars.






Green Leaf Tea lamp... what can I say, for three bucks it was too interesting to refuse...






The perfect combination to end the day... oysters, crackers, and one of my favorite hot sauces... If you like hot sauce like I do, you should try Crystal. Now, I'm not one of those "I have to have the hottest sauce ever made" people. I enjoy flavor with the heat. I'm also not one of those people that can anylize flavors down to the molecules, the best thing I can do is say what I like and what I don't. And Crystal hot sauce is, in my eyes, the best hot sauce you can find on the shelves of Wal-Mart. However, my favorite hot sauce that's so easy to find locally is also out of Louisianna. "Cajun Chef" hot sauce. I have no been able to find this sauce locally, other than being served at Big Chic in Manchester, Georgia. One day maybe I'll order some online.......

No comments:

I Rarely Shoot For Profit, So If You Enjoy My Photography, Please Share A Donation

Equipment Used:

  • Canon EOS 40D (2012 - Current)
  • Canon 18 - 55mm EF-S Lens
  • Canon 100mm USM f/2.8 Lens
  • Canon 50mm EF Lens
  • JVC 20GB HardDiskDrive Camcorder
  • Canon EOS 20D (2007 - 2012)