Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Z!



My Z-car! 1989 Nissan 300zx Turbo. Converted from an automatic to a five speed. That was (not) a fun job!  It's got a turbo engine from an Aniversary Edition car with only 80,000 miles on it and the transmission I pulled out of my 1987 n/a parts car. So, it's a bit of a "franken-Z."

Now, it just needs a paint job, but before that I have to replace the bushing under the rear end, it's got a pretty bad clunk.

But it's the Z that I always wanted, and I hope to keep it for a good long time.  




For anyone who may have an interest, here is a great site with the write up I used for my transmission swap:

No comments:

I Rarely Shoot For Profit, So If You Enjoy My Photography, Please Share A Donation

Equipment Used:

  • Canon EOS 40D (2012 - Current)
  • Canon 18 - 55mm EF-S Lens
  • Canon 100mm USM f/2.8 Lens
  • Canon 50mm EF Lens
  • JVC 20GB HardDiskDrive Camcorder
  • Canon EOS 20D (2007 - 2012)