Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Canoe Trip Down Standing Boy Creek

About a week ago I borrowed a canoe from my good friend Rick of Country Boy's Antiques and Collectibles. Cody, Billie, and myself took it down Standing Boy Creek for some fishing action.



Billie and Cody took the front of the boat.



Standing Boy Creek.
















Over all, it was a nice trip down the creek. I saw a lot of fishing activity, but I wasn't able to catch anything... Mainly because I forgot my tackle box and lost my lure early on!

When we got back to the Wagoneer I had a card placed on my seat with "Please call" written on the back. On the flip side it had a Columbus Police Detective's name and number. I figured maybe it was a warning that I shouldn't have been parked by the bridge or something like that, but I called anyway. As it turned out, he wanted to know if I was a Standing Boy Creek "old timer." He told me a body had been floating down there 20-some years ago, and he was the detective on the case. He wanted to know how much it had changed down there. Of course, I was of no help to him since it was my first time down Standing Boy Creek!

No comments:

I Rarely Shoot For Profit, So If You Enjoy My Photography, Please Share A Donation

Equipment Used:

  • Canon EOS 40D (2012 - Current)
  • Canon 18 - 55mm EF-S Lens
  • Canon 100mm USM f/2.8 Lens
  • Canon 50mm EF Lens
  • JVC 20GB HardDiskDrive Camcorder
  • Canon EOS 20D (2007 - 2012)