Monday, October 31, 2011

Wandering Elkmont


Getting into Elkmont now, this is the building my Wagoneer is photographed sitting in front of a few posts down. This cabin is set aside a bit from all the others, down a small side road. The road leading down to this cabin was partially blocked by a cut down pine tree. . . possibly intentionally blocked, but my Wagoneer founds its way around. . .









Look at the rich colors in the wood! It's not that hard to imagine that not that long ago there was LIFE here!






Imagine living in this cabin. Restored of course. Having the Great Smoky Mountains surrounding your home. Or maybe just staying here as a holiday get-away cabin, depending on how nightmarish the idea of being surrounded by nothing except woods is to you. Personally, I think I would take choice two. Choice one seems to have higher odds of winding up like 'The Shining!'  


No comments:

I Rarely Shoot For Profit, So If You Enjoy My Photography, Please Share A Donation

Equipment Used:

  • Canon EOS 40D (2012 - Current)
  • Canon 18 - 55mm EF-S Lens
  • Canon 100mm USM f/2.8 Lens
  • Canon 50mm EF Lens
  • JVC 20GB HardDiskDrive Camcorder
  • Canon EOS 20D (2007 - 2012)